I hope you are all keeping well. Thank you to everyone who came along to our volunteer sessions in July and it was good to see so many familiar faces again! We had a fantastic turn out of 24 for the litter pick in Adelaide Garden, and 7 and 8 at our gardening sessions.
Our litter pick this month will take place on Saturday 8th August at the children’s play park near the Marine Lake, between 10.30am and 11.30am.
Our gardening sessions will take place on Tuesday 11th August at 9.30am and Wednesday 26th August at 7.00pm (evening), meeting outside our lock-up next to the Waterloo Sunset Cafe.
We will continue to follow advice and guidelines from Green Sefton and Sefton Council, and the following measures will be taken to ensure the safety of the attendees by compliance with current regulations. (These regulations will change from time to time, so are not detailed here):
• Refreshments will not be provided.
• Everybody taking part must satisfy themselves that they are eligible and safe to help with litter picking or gardening. For further guidance and clarification please see current Government advice here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
• If you or someone in your household starts to show symptoms of Covid 19, or if you are at high risk of severe symptoms yourself, then you must not attend.
• Equipment will be provided but you must bring your own gloves. Each person can select a ring and a picker, or gardening tools. All the equipment will be cleaned/sanitised before being stored in the lock-up.
• Bags will be handed out by someone wearing gloves, and the picker will fix it to their own hoop.
• The prescribed social distancing rules must be observed, both within the group (if a group is working) and anybody else nearby.
• The location to leave filled bags will be announced before the start, and pickers will take their own bags there.
Looking forward to seeing you again,
Friends of Waterloo Seafront Gardens