I hope you’ve all been keeping well and have had a good Easter.
We’re pleased to hear that we can now restart our litter picking and gardening sessions – following Covid safety rules of course!
Our first litter pick of 2021 will take place this Saturday, 10th April in the Children’s Play Park by the marine lake from 10:30 to 11:30am.
Our gardening sessions will be on Tuesday 13th April at 9.30am and Wednesday 28th April at 1.00pm. As usual, we will meet outside the Waterloo Sunset Cafe.
The following safety measures will be taken:
- Refreshments will not be provided.
- Everybody taking part must satisfy themselves that they are eligible and safe to help with litter picking or gardening.
- If you or someone in your household starts to show symptoms of Covid 19, or if you are at high risk of severe symptoms yourself, then you must not attend.
- Equipment will be provided but you must bring your own gloves. Each person can select a ring and a picker, or gardening tools. All the equipment will be cleaned/sanitised before being stored in the lock-up.
- Bags will be handed out by someone wearing gloves, and the picker will fix it to their own hoop.
- The prescribed social distancing rules must be observed, both within the group (if a group is working) and anybody else nearby.
- The location to leave filled bags will be announced before the start, and pickers will take their own bags there.
Looking forward to seeing you all again,
Friends of Waterloo Seafront Gardens