We hope you are all keeping well and safe.
Following further advice and guidelines from Green Sefton and Sefton Council, we now feel that we can continue with our litter picking and gardening sessions.
The following measures will be taken, to ensure the safety of the attendees by compliance with current regulations. (These regulations will change from time to time, so are not detailed here):
- To control numbers the sessions will not be announced as events on social media.
- Refreshments will not be provided.
- Everybody taking part must satisfy themselves that they are eligible and safe to help with litter picking or gardening. For further guidance and clarification please see current Government advice here: Local restriction tiers: what you need to know – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- If you or someone in your household starts to show symptoms of Covid 19, or if you are at high risk of severe symptoms yourself, then you must not attend.
- Equipment will be provided but you must bring your own gloves. Each person can select a ring and a picker, or gardening tools. All the equipment will be cleaned/sanitised before being stored in the lock-up.
- Bags will be handed out by someone wearing gloves, and the picker will fix it to their own hoop.
- The prescribed social distancing rules must be observed, both within the group (if a group is working) and anybody else nearby.
- The location to leave filled bags will be announced before the start, and pickers will take their own bags there.
Our litter picking session for December will take place will take place on Saturday 12th December in Crescent Garden between 10.30am and 11.30am. Hopefully with enough volunteers we’ll be able to work in the other gardens too.
We will just have the one gardening session in December, which will take place on Tuesday 8th December at 9.30am, meeting outside our lock-up next to the Waterloo Sunset Cafe.
Looking forward to seeing you again,
Friends of Waterloo Seafront Gardens