It was good to see some of you back in the Gardens in April. We had a good turnout with 18 volunteers at our litter pick, and 3 and 7 at our gardening sessions.
Our litter pick in May will take place in Marine Garden on Saturday 8th May at 10.30am.
Our gardening sessions will take place on Tuesday 11th May at 9.30am and Wednesday 26th May at 1.00pm, meeting outside our lock-up next to the Waterloo Sunset Cafe.
Please don’t be put off coming to join in with the “gardening” – no expertise is needed for a lot of the jobs we do, and the paths and grass edges look so much better when they’ve been swept/tidied!
We also hope to join in with an extra event in June – a joint “Mass Clean Up” of the Coastal Park and beach from Hightown to Seaforth Docks (including the Gardens). We’re hoping this will take place on Tuesday 1st June between 6.00pm and 8.00pm and will be a joint event with The Friends of Crosby Beach, Hightown Beach Clean Group, Canal and River Trust and Mencap. Details will be confirmed nearer the time.
Reminder of the following safety measures still in operation:
- Refreshments will not be provided.
- Everybody taking part must satisfy themselves that they are eligible and safe to help with litter picking or gardening.
- If you or someone in your household starts to show symptoms of Covid 19, or if you are at high risk of severe symptoms yourself, then you must not attend.
- Equipment will be provided but you must bring your own gloves. Each person can select a ring and a picker, or gardening tools. All the equipment will be cleaned/sanitised before being stored in the lock-up.
- Bags will be handed out by someone wearing gloves, and the picker will fix it to their own hoop.
- The prescribed social distancing rules must be observed, both within the group (if a group is working) and anybody else nearby.
- The location to leave filled bags will be announced before the start, and pickers will take their own bags there.
Looking forward to seeing you in May.
Friends of Waterloo Seafront Gardens