As restrictions have slowly lifted and the weather has got warmer, we have more visitors to our Gardens and the wider Marina.
As a result of this, in order to keep the Gardens looking clean, we have decided to have two official litter picking sessions for the summer months. In these months we will litter pick on the second and fourth Saturday of each month.
The first of these additional sessions will be this Saturday 26th June, from 10:30 until 11:30am, meeting in Crescent Garden.
Reminder that although restrictions are eased the following safety measures are still in operation for all our routine volunteer activities;:
- Refreshments will not be provided.
- Everybody taking part must satisfy themselves that they are eligible and safe to help with litter picking or gardening.
- If you or someone in your household starts to show symptoms of Covid 19, or if you are at high risk of severe symptoms yourself, then you must not attend.
- Equipment will be provided but you must bring your own gloves. Each person can select a ring and a picker, or gardening tools. All the equipment will be cleaned/sanitised before being stored in the lock-up.
- Bags will be handed out by someone wearing gloves, and the picker will fix it to their own hoop.
- The prescribed social distancing rules must be observed, both within the group (if a group is working) and anybody else nearby.
- The location to leave filled bags will be announced before the start, and pickers will take their own bags there.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Friends of Waterloo Seafront Gardens