Thank you to everyone who came along to our volunteer sessions in June. As well as our usual litter pick on the 2nd Saturday of the month, we decided to hold an additional litter pick on the 4th Saturday of the month, and were very pleased with the attendance at both, with 22 and 20 attendees respectively. We will continue with the 2nd monthly litter pick during July and August when they will no doubt be needed, especially if the weather is good!
We had 4 and 7 volunteers at our gardening sessions, when we worked on the “new” corner beds in Crescent Garden and also cleared some of the path edges.
Clearing the path edges can be very satisfying – instant results, no real gardening skills needed and it really does make a difference to how the gardens look, so please don’t be put off coming along to help out if you don’t have any gardening experience!
Our litter picks this month will take place on Saturday 10th July in Adelaide Garden and Saturday 24th in Crescent Garden between 10.30am and 11.30am.
Our gardening sessions will take place on Tuesday 13th July at 9.30am and Wednesday 28th July at 7.00pm, meeting at our lock-up next to the Waterloo Sunset cafe.
Reminder that although restrictions are eased the following safety measures are still in operation for all our routine volunteer activities;:
- Refreshments will not be provided.
- Everybody taking part must satisfy themselves that they are eligible and safe to help with litter picking or gardening.
- If you or someone in your household starts to show symptoms of Covid 19, or if you are at high risk of severe symptoms yourself, then you must not attend.
- Equipment will be provided but you must bring your own gloves. Each person can select a ring and a picker, or gardening tools. All the equipment will be cleaned/sanitised before being stored in the lock-up.
- Bags will be handed out by someone wearing gloves, and the picker will fix it to their own hoop.
- The prescribed social distancing rules must be observed, both within the group (if a group is working) and anybody else nearby.
- The location to leave filled bags will be announced before the start, and pickers will take their own bags there.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Friends of Waterloo Seafront Gardens